For UTEP and BUILDing SCHOLARS Pipeline Partner Institution Faculty
July 1, 2018—May 30, 2019
applications will open during the Spring 2018 semester
Receive “super” mentoring and guidance from experts in the field!
This competitive program pairs interested faculty members from UTEP and Pipeline Partners with “all-star” faculty mentors from our Research Partners in an effort to build faculty mentees′ research skills and competitiveness for external funding, and further enhance their student mentoring skills.
Each selected mentee applies to work with a Research Partner faculty member who has experience with mentoring students from underrepresented backgrounds, gaining extramural funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and producing co-authored papers and presentations.
- Faculty from UTEP and BUILDing SCHOLARS Pipeline Partners are eligible to apply as visiting research faculty (mentees).
- Preference will be given to junior faculty with the potential for obtaining health-related research funding that can support students.
- A directory of interested faculty hosts can be found here. You will be asked to select and rank up to three potential mentors on your application. (Download the Excel version here )
- Please contact Dr. Sara Grineski if you are interested in identifying your own host faculty member at one of the partnering institutions.
- Each supermentor will receive $1,500 as an honorarium for:
- - working with their faculty mentee for up to five hours each month, and
- - responding to, and providing comments on, written work within two weeks.
- There is no financial compensation for mentees, who instead receive timely quality feedback on their work and ideas.
- Applications are due May 19, 2017.
- Award selections will be made by June 9, 2017.
- The program begins on July 1, 2017.
For questions or more information about the Supermentor Program, contact Dr. Sara Grineski at .
-> Meet the current and previous Supermentors and Mentees.